Fix Audio device is disabled on Windows 10 PC
Re-enable audio device
- Open Control panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on Sounds.
- Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.
- Right click on the device and Enable it.
How do I enable a disabled device in Windows 10?
How to enable devices using Device Manager
- Open Start.
- Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the experience.
- Expand the category with the device that you want to enable.
- Right-click the device, and select the Enable device option. …
- Click the Yes button to confirm.