Fix this Modification is not Allowed because the Selection is locked
- Click on the File menu.
- Select Options from the drop-down list.
- Under the heading Startup options, uncheck the box labeled “Open e-mail attachments and other uneditable files in reading view”.
- Click OK.
- Click Sign In. DO NOT select the product key option as there is no product key available to enter.
- Enter your full AccessID email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Next.
- Enter your AccessID password. Click Sign in.
- Your subscription is now reactivated! …
- NOTE: This does not apply to paid versions of Office 365.
hello, guys you are welcome to my website techproadvice.com in this post we learn how to fix an ms word common error “This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked”
before starting to read this article I recommended watching this very short video on this topic
There are some possible solutions to fix it
Fix-This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked
if you are not satisfied with this video or you want to read a text post about this error so continue to reading.
it’s a common error a lot of people facing this error when The document is showing “marked as final” text. Someone or you protected The document. or if You have a trial ms word 2007. or ms 2007 has not yet been activated. so that time, this error occurs.
So Let’s fix it
So first thing you have to open ms word
1- Open and Repair
also, check this article by click this link