How to add dynamic fields in MS Word
- Click in the Word document where you want to insert a field.
- Click the Insert tab in the Ribbon.
- Click Quick Parts. …
- Select Field. …
- In the list of Field names, select a field. …
- Under Field Properties, select any properties or options you want.
- Choose Options from the Tools tab. Word displays the Options dialog box.
- Make sure the General tab is selected. (See Figure 1.)
- Click the Update Automatic Links at Open checkbox.
- Click on OK.
- Step 1: Show Developer tab. …
- Step 2: Open a word document. …
- Step 3: Add Content to the form. …
- Step 4: Set or Change Properties to Content Control. …
- Step 5: Add instructional text to the form. …
- Step 6: You can add protection to the form by using the Restrict Editing Command.
- Place the cursor in your document where you want to insert the field.
- From the Insert tab on the Ribbon, in the Text group, select Quick Parts and then select Field.
- In the Field dialog box, from the Field names list, select the field.
- Click on the table of figures in your document. This will highlight the entire table.
- Click References > Update Table. Note: Update Table becomes an option only when you click the table of figures in your document. …
- Select an Update in the in the Update Table of the Figures dialog box. …
- Click OK.
add dynamic fields in MS Word –
there are some steps:-
Make visible Developer tab in Ribbon
Go to file tab now scroll down navigate option tab
Click on Option a new window will open
Select Customise Ribbon and on the right-hand side check the box next to Developer will be shown
download a form template now go to the File tab, click New.
In the Search online templates box, you will find deferent forms select the name of the form you want, or just type “form” to view your options.
Click the template that you want to use and select Create.
Now, you have a form that you can fill out or send. If you need to make edits to the form, select the Design Mode button from the Ribbon. Check out this support article for instructions on more advanced customizations you can add to your form.