How to check a Drive for File System Errors
To begin the scan, right-click on the Drive which you wish to check and select Properties. Next, click on Tools tab and under Error-checking, click on the Check button. This option will check the drive for file system errors. If the system detects that there are errors, you will be asked to check the disk.
- Right-click the Start Windows icon.
- In the shortcut menu, click Open Windows Explorer.
- In the navigation pane, click Computer so that your drives appear in the right pane.
- Right-click the drive that you want to check.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Click the Check now button.