How to Create a .LOG file in Notepad on Windows
How do I save a log file in Windows?
- Start Event Viewer by going to Start > search box (or press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box) and type eventvwr .
- Within Event Viewer, expand Windows Logs.
- Click the type of logs you need to export.
- Click Action > Save All Events As…
- Ensure that the Save as type is set to .
How do I open a .LOG file in Windows?You can read a LOG file with any text editor, like Windows Notepad. You might be able to open one in your web browser, too. Just drag it directly into the browser window, or use the Ctrl+O keyboard shortcut to open a dialog box to browse for the file.How do I make a log file executable?Enable Installer Logs
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Run the following command: “C:\setup.exe” /v”/l*v LogFile. log”, where “C:\setup.exe” is the path to the EXE installation file, and “LogFile. log” is the path to the file to be used to output the log file. As you continue with the installation, make sure that LogFile.