How to Create and Use Macros in Microsoft Word
Record a macro with a button
- Click View > Macros > Record Macro.
- Type a name for the macro.
- To use this macro in any new documents you make, be sure the Store macro in box says All Documents (Normal.
- To run your macro when you click a button, click Button.
- Click the new macro (it’s named something like Normal
How do you create a macro in Word?When you have a repetitive series of tasks to perform, you can record those tasks as a macro.
- Place the cursor where you want to start recording the macro.
- Click the Record Macro button. …
- Give the macro a name. …
- Click the Keyboard button.
- Press the keyboard shortcut keys that you want to use. …
- Click Assign.
- Click Close.
Enable macros just for the current session
- Click the File tab.
- In the Security Warning area, click Enable Content.
- Select Advanced Options.
- In the Microsoft Office Security Options dialog box, click Enable content for this session for each macro.
- Click OK.