how to create label gmail
How do I create a label and filter in Gmail?
Create a label
- Open Gmail.
- At the top right, click Settings. See all settings.
- Click the Labels tab.
- Scroll to the Labels section and click Create new label.
- Enter the label name and click Create. Gmail label names can be up to 225 characters long. You can also create nested labels, which are like subfolders.
What is the difference between labels and folders in Gmail?
Folders are a must for keeping your email inbox organized. Gmail uses labels instead of folders, but they’re effectively the same thing. … To use a label as a “folder,” use the “Move to” option to move an email or thread out of your inbox and into a label, which you can access in the left panel of your inbox.
How do I create categories in Gmail?
Add or remove categories
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- At the top left, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings.
- Choose your account.
- Tap Inbox type.
- Select Default Inbox.
- Tap Inbox categories.
- Add or remove categories.