How to Fix No internet access but ethernet connected
Ethernet Cable Connected But No Internet [How to Fix?]
- Restart your computer and router/modem.
- Check your DNS settings.
- Reset your network settings (for Windows users)
- Use a VPN.
- Check your ethernet connection.
Why does my ethernet says connected but no Internet?
If the Ethernet network is enabled, but says Unidentified network, you need to disable and re-enable it. This is a very common occurrence on Windows machines and the solution is simple – go to Network Connection, right click the Ethernet network, click on Disable and then on Enable.
How do I know if my modem is broken?
Signs that You Need to Replace Your Modem
- The modem won’t turn on.
- You can’t connect to the internet at all.
- Internet connection drops in and out randomly.
- Internet speed is inconsistent or is consistently slower than it used to be.
- You frequently need to reset the modem to get it functioning properly.