How to fix the No speakers or headphones are plugged in error
How can I fix problems with speakers and headphones?
- Update the audio driver.
- Re-enable your sound card.
- Try your headphones/speaker on another computer.
- Re-enable disconnected devices.
- Disable the HDMI sound.
- Disable Front Panel Jack detection.
- Run Sound Troubleshooter.
- Restart Windows Audio service.
Why is my computer saying my headphones aren’t plugged in?
Make sure your headphones are properly connected to your laptop. Right-click the volume icon on the bottom left of your screen, and select Sounds. Click the Playback tab. If your headphones don’t show up as a listed device, right-click on the empty area and make sure Show Disabled Devices has a check mark on it.