How to password protect an Excel workbook
Protect an Excel file
- Select File > Info.
- Select the Protect Workbook box and choose Encrypt with Password.
- Enter a password in the Password box, and then select OK.
- Confirm the password in the Reenter Password box, and then select OK.
What are the two options for passwords to protect an Excel workbook?
You have two choices here:
- File encryption: When you choose this option, you specify a password and lock the Excel file. …
- Setting a password to open or modify a file: You specify a password to open or modify a file.