how to quickly enter Months without typing in Excel Autofill
How do I autofill months in Excel?
AutoFill Month Names
- In a blank cell, type the short or long version of a month name. …
- Select the cell, and point to the Fill Handle, at the bottom right corner of the selected cell.
- Press the left mouse button, and drag (up, down, left or right) — the month names will appear in a pop-up tip, near the pointer.
What is the fastest way to autofill in Excel?
Simply do the following:
- Select the cell with the formula and the adjacent cells you want to fill.
- Click Home > Fill, and choose either Down, Right, Up, or Left. Keyboard shortcut: You can also press Ctrl+D to fill the formula down in a column, or Ctrl+R to fill the formula to the right in a row.