How to Short Text in Word Document
How do I condense text in Word?
Expand or condense the space evenly between all the selected characters
- Select the text that you want to change.
- On the Home tab, click the Font Dialog Box Launcher, and then click the Advanced tab. …
- In the Spacing box, click Expanded or Condensed, and then specify how much space you want in the By box.
How do you change text quickly in Word?
Find and replace text
- Go to Home > Replace or press Ctrl+H.
- Enter the word or phrase you want to locate in the Find box.
- Enter your new text in the Replace box.
- Select Find Next until you come to the word you want to update.
- Choose Replace. To update all instances at once, choose Replace All.
How do you squish a text?
Smushing Text Together
- Select the text you want to condense.
- Display the Font dialog box. …
- Make sure the Character Spacing (Word 2007) or Advanced (Word 2010 or a later version) tab is selected. …
- Using the Spacing drop-down list, choose Condensed.
How do I get rid of the space between words in Word justified?
Method 1: Change Layout Options
- First, click “File” then click “Options” to open “Word Options” dialog box.
- Next click “Advanced” and scroll down to the bottom of the box.
- Click “Layout Options” to bring out more choices.
- Check the “Don’t expand character spaces on a line that ends with SHIFT-RETURN” box and click “OK”.
What is the shortcut key for finding and replacing text in a document?
Ctrl + H
If you want to find and replace text in a Word document, use the key combo Ctrl + H. That will bring up the “Find and Replace” dialog box.