How to Use WhatsApp Like a Pro: Tips and Tricks
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world. However, many users are unaware of some of the app’s useful features that can enhance their messaging experience. In this article, we will provide you with some tips and tricks to help you make the most out of WhatsApp.
- Read WhatsApp Messages without the Sender Knowing
If you want to read a message without the sender knowing, turn on your phone’s airplane mode, read the message, and then turn airplane mode off again. This will prevent the blue ticks from appearing, indicating that you have read the message.
- Use Speech-to-Text to Send WhatsApp Messages
Instead of typing out messages, you can use the speech-to-text feature on WhatsApp. Simply tap on the message box, and the microphone icon will appear on your keyboard. Click on it and speak your message, and it will be automatically typed out for you.
- Use WhatsApp without a Phone Number
If you want to use WhatsApp without a phone number, you can do so by uninstalling WhatsApp from your phone, downloading it again, and turning on airplane mode. Then, download a spoof messaging app and enter your email address instead of your phone number to verify your account.
- Spy on Someone Else’s WhatsApp
Please note that spying on someone else’s WhatsApp is illegal and unethical. However, if you want to track someone’s WhatsApp activity, you can do so by borrowing their Android phone and noting down its Wi-Fi MAC address. Then, uninstall WhatsApp on your own phone, change your phone’s MAC address to your friend’s, and download WhatsApp again. You will receive the verification code on your friend’s phone, which will allow you to access their WhatsApp account.
- Know When Your Message is Read
To know when your message has been read, press and hold on the message for a few seconds, click on the three vertical dots on the top right of the screen, and select “Info”. This will show you when the message was delivered and read.
- Stop Others from Knowing When You’ve Read Their Message
If you don’t want others to know when you’ve read their messages, you can turn off the “Read Receipts” feature in your WhatsApp settings. However, this means that you won’t be able to see when others have read your messages either. To turn off read receipts, go to Settings > Account > Privacy and uncheck “Read Receipts”.
By using these tips and tricks, you can make the most out of WhatsApp and enhance your messaging experience. However, please use these features ethically and responsibly.
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that is used by millions of people around the world. There are many useful features within the app that can enhance your experience and make messaging more efficient. In this guide, we will explore some of the most useful WhatsApp tricks and tips that you can use to make the most of this app.
One helpful feature of WhatsApp is the ability to quote a message in a conversation. To do this, simply long press on the message you want to quote and select the “Reply” icon that appears. This will allow you to add your own comment or response to the selected message, which will then be displayed as a quote.
Another useful trick is to mark important messages as “starred” so that you can easily find them later. To do this, simply long press on the message and select the “Star” icon that appears. You can then access all of your starred messages by tapping on the three vertical dots in the main WhatsApp window and selecting “Starred Messages.”
If you are concerned about data usage, you can also stop media files from automatically downloading to your phone. To do this, go to “Settings” > “Data and Storage Usage” > “Media Auto-Download” and then select which media files you want to download automatically.
For added privacy, you can also lock your WhatsApp with a PIN using a third-party app such as “Lock for WhatsApp.” This can be particularly useful if you have messages that you do not want other people to see.
If you have accidentally deleted a message on WhatsApp, there is a way to recover it. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and navigate to the WhatsApp/Databases folder. You will find two files named “msgstore-yyyy..dd..db.crypt” and “msgstore.db.crypt.” The former contains all of the messages that have been sent or received in the last seven days. You can open this file with a text editor such as Notepad or WordPad to view and recover deleted messages.
Finally, if you have multiple WhatsApp accounts and want to use them on the same phone, you can do so using a third-party app such as “Parallel Space.” This app allows you to create multiple accounts and run them simultaneously on the same device.
Another useful trick is to create shortcuts for frequently contacted friends. To do this, simply long press on the contact you want to create a shortcut for and select “Add Conversation Shortcut” from the pop-up menu. This will create a shortcut on your home screen that will take you directly to your conversation with that contact.
Change Phone Number without Losing Account: If you have changed your phone number, don’t worry about losing your WhatsApp account. WhatsApp allows you to change your phone number without losing your account. Just go to Settings > Account > Change Number and follow the instructions. This way, you can easily switch to a new number while keeping all your chats and groups.
Prank Your Friends with Fake Profile Picture: You can prank your friends on WhatsApp by changing their profile picture. Connect your phone to your PC via USB and go to WhatsApp > Profile Pictures folder. Copy your friend’s profile picture name and delete it. Then create a new image of the same size with a funny or scary image and name it the same as your friend’s profile picture. Show it to your friend, and they will be shocked.
Extend WhatsApp Validity: You can extend your WhatsApp validity by changing your phone number twice in the app. Go to Settings > Account > Change Number and enter your old number as the first number and your new number as the second. Then, repeat the process with your new number as the first and your old number as the second. This will trick WhatsApp into extending your validity for another year.
Animated Expanding Heart Emoji: The red heart emoji on WhatsApp expands and animates like a beating heart when you send it. Try it out to add some fun to your chats.
Change WhatsApp Chat Background: You can customize the background of your WhatsApp chat windows by going to the chat, pressing the menu key, and selecting “Chat Wallpaper.” Choose a wallpaper from the options, or use your own photo.
Send Messages to Multiple Contacts at Once: To send a message to multiple contacts at once, create a broadcast list from your contacts, and then send the message to the list. This way, you can send the same message to multiple people without having to type it out each time. Just make sure that each person in your broadcast list has your phone number saved in their contacts.
- Share your location with your WhatsApp friend: If you are going to meet a friend and you get lost, you can share your current location with them using WhatsApp. To do this, simply tap on the attachment icon and select ‘Location’. Make sure your GPS is enabled for this feature.
- Send large files of different formats: WhatsApp allows you to send images, videos, and audio files, but what if you want to send other file formats like ZIP, RAR, APK, EXE, PDF, DOC, PPT, or XLS? You can use CloudSend app and Dropbox to send large files of different formats. First, download and install the Dropbox and CloudSend apps from Google Play Store. Then, link CloudSend with Dropbox and share the file on CloudSend. The file will automatically get uploaded to your Dropbox account, and you will get a link to that file. Share this link with your friends on WhatsApp, and they will be able to download the file.
- Hide your last seen on WhatsApp: If you want to keep your WhatsApp activity private, you can hide your ‘Last Seen’ status. To do this, go to WhatsApp settings and click on ‘Privacy’. Then, select ‘Last Seen’ and choose the option ‘Nobody’. This will hide your last seen status from everyone.
- Hide your profile picture from others: To keep your profile picture private, go to WhatsApp settings and click on ‘Privacy’. Then, select ‘Profile Photo’ and choose the option ‘My Contacts’. This will ensure that only your contacts can see your profile picture.
- Backup WhatsApp chats, images, and videos on Google Drive: You can backup your WhatsApp chats, images, and videos on Google Drive. To do this, go to WhatsApp settings, click on ‘Chats’, and select ‘Chat Backup’. Then, click on ‘Backup Now’ and choose your Google Drive account to backup your chats, images, and videos.
- Copy someone else’s WhatsApp status easily on WhatsApp web: If you like someone’s status on WhatsApp and want to copy it, you can do it easily on WhatsApp web. Just log in to web.whatsapp.com and copy the status. Then, click on your profile picture, go to ‘Edit’, and paste the status there.
- Transfer files between your PC and phone using WhatsApp: You can transfer files between your PC and phone using WhatsApp. First, save your phone number on your phone with your name. Then, open web.whatsapp.com on your PC and scan the code. Select ‘Attach Files’, upload the file, and send it to yourself. You can also use this method to compress images without any software.
- Select a custom notification for a particular group: If you want to set a custom notification tone for a particular group, you can do it easily on WhatsApp. Keep the group icon pressed for a few seconds, click on ‘Group Info’, choose ‘Custom Notifications’, and select your favorite notification tone for your favorite group.
- Change chat background wallpaper: You can change your chat background wallpaper on WhatsApp. Click on the three vertical dots on the top right of the main window, click on ‘Chats’, and then click on ‘Wallpaper’. Browse your phone gallery and select the wallpaper you want.
By using these WhatsApp tricks, you can make the most out of this app and enhance your messaging experience.